Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Insights on the Journey to Hawaii


The Evolution of a Soul in One Day

Nothing could prepare me for the lessons learned from our most recent trip. It was unique somehow from the beginning and I knew it. We weren't planning to go anywhere. However, I had dreamt a couple of months ago we were going to Hawaii. In my dream it turned out Jacob and I would only be there for four days and for two of them we would be stuck in a room without transportation. I remember distinctly telling my husband Troy about this dream the next morning. Since both of us have professional psychic businesses, our flashes of insight come fast and furiously, and oftentimes through dreams. However, those flashes aren’t always reliable for ourselves because of a lack of objectivity. I didn’t even consider this trip dream as anything more than a strange subconscious fear.

Troy wasn’t planning to go to Hawaii, it was Tennessee where he would be shooting for a special series airing on the Discovery Health Channel. Since I’m not as passionate about the southern fried chicken as I am about beaches and 80 degree weather, I decided we would not be joining him in the deep south. I closed the book on the dream and the whole idea of Hawaii. Then about a week later Jacob was going to bed and we were meditating together, as is our ritual at bedtime, and he said “mom I see a volcano. It’s not exploding, just quiet but I know it’s a volcano. Have I ever seen one?” I told him no, and that was really neat, we should make one.

Soon after we received the news that Troy would be going to Hawaii instead of Tennessee. It knocked us over with excitement and all the pieces came together. Yep, 80 degree weather, beaches and all. Not only that, he was going to the Big Island, which is surrounding by nothing other than volcanoes. Thanks for that insight, Jacob. We booked our tickets immediately.

My family learns and experiences so much growth from the joys and challenges of travel. Experiencing each other in a new place is so gratifying, we each have our own interests and ways of approaching the travel experience. Jacob prefers to hit the beach and stay for an entire day, I prefer the more exploratory approach, branching off and seeing where each little path and contour of an area may lead, and Troy prefers to take the adventurous approach finding the most exciting activity, whether it be sky diving, cliff jumping or parasailing. We all have our preferences and by the end of the day it is so much fun to share with each other what our favorite parts were and what we learned.

This time the greatest adventure of the trip occurred before we even left the airport. Our plane was late getting out of Fargo, bumping every single connecting flight. While in Denver, Jake and I discovered the next flight would be in three days for that airline. My previous dream of only four days came flooding in. I tried to breathe, through tears, and called Troy for assistance. Troy always sees life with the glass half full. I am optimistic, however in the beginning tend to get swamped in the overwhelming emotions and can tend to lose sight of the big picture. He said “look around you at the airport. There are angels everywhere. Practice the law of attraction. Focus on what it is you want, not what you don’t want. You coach people how to use that tool every day. Practice it for yourself.”

I stopped, took another deep breath and began looking around me. A big beautiful black woman walked by with a peaceful smile on her face, pushing a wheelchair to pick someone up from a gate. She looked down at me and we made eye contact. It was as if she said “it’s o.k., honey. Be happy.” I was captivated by her. Next I saw a woman holding a baby, and the baby was giggling so loudly it echoed in the airport. Jake climbed on my lap, wiped my tears and said “it’s o.k. mom. We’ll get there.” I was easing out of my panic, and the fear that had completely engulfed me began to disappear. The final angel was a publisher from a magazine called “Successful Living.” After chatting, I discovered she is friends with Wayne Dyer, has a thriving writing career, and she even expressed interest in doing a story about Troy and I, the married mediums. I was in heaven, and all the hell around me began to disappear. Heaven appeared, and my ego found a place in my carry on bag, where it would stay for the rest of the trip.

Troy called back after a couple of hours, having found a way to rebook our flights to get us there that night. Jake and I skipped to our gate to get on the flight to our destination. We had an amazing time at every moment of that flight. My neighbor bought me a glass of wine to celebrate the journey we had been on. I cried for the first hour, from relief, pure joy, excitement and the act of connecting with the angels that presented themselves every single step of the way. There was nothing holding us back.

In addition, despite the dream I had of limited time in Hawaii, we manifested getting there exactly as we intended with seven full days of bliss. I finally closed the book for good on the dream I had, grateful I had created it completely differently and let go of fear. As soon as I flipped my conscious mind to focusing on the result I desired, let go of how it was going to happen, and got fully present in the moment, everything unfolded as I requested.

There were still bumps before we arrived, and I believe those to be a gentle reminder to stay strong and not to waiver on my thought process. Jake even played along, I had him visualizing lines moving faster (he is the king of manifestation by the way) and the lines DID move faster every time we placed the energy of mental focus there. I didn’t allow one negative thought to enter in, and visualized it working out so we would all wake up together the next morning. We did wake up to a beautiful sunrise and the glory of the energy of a beautiful paradise.

I can say this for certain. It is not enough to want something. The effort of carrying the vibration of that desire forward is required and essential. Those of us who are fans of the law of attraction have used that tool and have produced results. Then it doesn’t work and we get upset. It’s not the law of attraction that is at fault, it is our laziness. We figured along the way at some point it was o.k. to put it on auto pilot and coast. We cannot just think things, then sit back and snooze. It is vital that the vibrational energy continues to flow, uninterrupted by anything that might come in it’s path to stop it. Not only that, action in necessary. 

It might cause you to stumble, finding yourself in territory that is unfamiliar or uncomfortable. You might have to be bold and ask others for help. However, that is the ticket to growth. In the space of connection with others we are expressing ourselves as true spirit, because we begin to recognize we are not separate entities traveling on our own course, it is all one. I found myself to be much stronger than I thought I was. If you allow something to interfere with your focus and thought process, it shifts the outcome immediately. But you can bring it back, so don’t give up just because you begin to experience breakdowns along the way. Work harder. Hold that focus tight, it does take effort but it is possible. Keep bringing it back. You really can do it. Be present. Be grateful.

The greatest gift of all was in the midst of the stress of that travel day I discovered I could be happy no matter where I am. It was the biggest revelation for 2008. I am capable of accepting happiness as a way of being regardless of the circumstances. Not knowing where we were going to be for two hours became a game. It felt great. I couldn’t believe the way I was behaving, dancing in the airport, finding fun adventures for Jake and I, visiting with people I have never met before and making new friends. The choice to embrace happiness that day, letting go of the negative attitudes and need to control that had obviously put us in the situation in the first place, created joy. 

I made a powerful discovery that will stay a lifetime. How you are being affects everything. It isn’t enough to have the mental focus. If you are being the vibration of stress and anxiety, you will not attract the results. That was the key that was missing from this equation all along. I finally got it. Your choice to be present, an expression of total joy no matter where you are is a game worth taking on. I can’t prepare you for the trip you will be on if you accept this challenge. Wherever your airport is, apply yourself. Be aware of your state of being and watch things unfold like never before. That is loving life.

1 comment:

Steve Aune said...

What an amazing story on your trip. I'll bet that 5 years from now you will say that this made a significant impact in your life somehow.

Steve