Monday, May 14, 2007

The 84


Tonight Chanda and I had one of those "Aha" moments that changes everything. We came to a place of pure clarity on what we are up to here and why...and it has nothing to do with how many people we sit with or how many people show up at our events....it comes down to service and sharing our work full out. We gained this clarity on I-84 just after passing through downtown Portland.

This all started because we had forecasted the numbers for our Portland experience. We determined what our expenses would be, what we projected our numbers to be, basically we prepped a P&L sheet for the trip. When it became clear that the numbers we had projected were not going to be the numbers that would show up we PANICKED. We started running the shoulda, woulda, coulda on the trip, the fear kicked in and we started making each other and ourselves wrong...Chanda had actually coached me on it early in the day, at that point she was speaking the channeled insight but not necessarily hearing it herself. Because it wasn't until we were driving on I-84 that it hit us both and it sunk in. We go clear that it wasn't about how much money we "had" to make. And if it was then we'd loose the whole reason for being there...which was to serve. Now of course as business people we understand that we still have to pay the bills, etc. But it became so clear that the money IS THERE, IS COMING AND WILL CONTINUE TO COME. It just may not look like how we thought it would and as a result we had to let go of our attachment to the outcome and just allow the experience to be what it is. That clarity provided such a wonderful sense of peace. That I believe for the first time we really got how this works and why when we just allow it truly does manifest.

So next time you're in a rut and concerned about how something is going to play out. Remember to catch the I-84 of allowing and that is when the real abundance flows.

1 comment:

Jodee Bock said...

Love this reference for you guys; I'll think of this next time I'm at the crossroads of I-29 and I-94 ... I'm there a lot! I must remember my own 2007 mantra: LISTEN and ALLOW! Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration!