Tuesday, May 8, 2007

The Journey Begins

Although it still feels like Tuesday to me, here we are at 12:33 on Wednesday morning and in just 10 hours we'll be on the plane to Portland, OR. What a journey so far. This past weekend was the Fargo Holistic Expo it was the first expo for us and we were very pleased with the experience. We met many wonderful people and are excited to be back again next year.

As for today, it's been a full one. I woke up about 4 a.m. this morning with the need to start getting things tied up before we left. I caught up on my email and finalized some paperwork. These past few days have all kind of blended together. Between packing the car, running errands, cleaning the house and making sure everything is in place on our journey I'm pretty darn proud that we made it out of the town by 4:00 p.m.

Our dear friend Sheri Woxland drove us down to the cities and we made one pit stop in Freeport, MN where we took a few pictures to capture our first stop. I suppose in some respects it became more of a photo op to showcase Chanda and Sheri's new matching shirts from "The Grateful Goddess." A new line of clothing and gifts from created by our friends Darcy and Sheila. Apparently Chanda and Sheri just showed up wearing the same thing. What's the expression, great minds think alike?

But by far my favorite part of the day was receiving a wonderful card of encouragement from my Dad. He's been recently came up with an idea to create a line of greeting cards that are inspired by spirit. Now mind you my Dad doesn't consider himself a medium but after reading his card...there is no doubt he has the connection.

The front of the card was printed with the following: "Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius.

Here are the inspiring words he wrote on the inside:

SPIRIT MEMO: Inspired by Grandpa Leonard and delivered by his Son.

No spirit is more vulnerable yet more resilient than the Human Spirit. It transcends time in ways most cannot understand, dare not consider let alone dare believe. Yet it exists, a gift of the Universe to those who open themselves to explore its reality. You have a key to unlock these doors, to help the broken, distraught and lonely realize there is much to be shared from the vastness of this universe. We, (those of us) who have passed over often reach out, but too often cannot touch. You, Troy, lift US and lift Those that dare explore the continuum of the Spirit ultimately connecting us
in ways that truly matter. Your integrity, honesty and sensitivity light a path that is comforting to the many who wonder if at all, it might be true. Serve many with this gift and you will be richly blessed in ways you have not yet conceived. Continue to nourish that resilient Spirit that exists in us all. Through inspirational words, thoughts and actions you will be God's blessing to many, be so humbly and those needing your insights shall appear as often as you attract them.

Just so you know, I brag about you up here and give out lots of referrals. Your Dad probably doesn't really know how much he was inspired to write the above but trust me he was. And even though I used to stick my tongue out at you, ask about your girlfriends and be silly with you, I thought it important that you carry these thoughts in your heart as you write this new chapter in your life.

I always told your Dad to carry some emergency money tucked away in his wallet and to this day he does. I also told him to make sure you had some there too. Grandma says to travel safely and she and I send our love and light...PS: Grandpa Ed is giving you Two Thumbs Up!

---

I'll admit as I read these words out loud I got choked up. My Dad is an incredible writer and when he let's the inspiration flow...it's truly touching. I'll never forget this message from him and my Grandfather. I believe he's on to something here. Stay tuned for more details.

So I best be hitting the hay. I need to be up in 6 hours. I think my Dad, Sheri and Chanda are still up reading tarot cards. What a trip!

2 comments:

Jodie said...

I miss you guys already! I am looking forward to reading your blogs and hearing all the fun adventures! You dads words are so sweet- and how touching to hear them right before your travels! As for Sheri and Chanda- Goddesses RULE! Love the shirts!
Lots of love!
Jodie

Jodee Bock said...

Troy: I read this post after I heard about your adventure with the second cousin. This should be wonderful validation of your gifts and the effects on the world. Love and light to everyone you come into contact with - and they'll feel the effects of God or Source or whatever they experience it as - through you!