Thursday, May 10, 2007

Arriving in the Pacific NW

Hello from Camas, WA. We made it out to the Pacific Northwest yesterday…all 5 suitcases, 3 carry on bags, a purse and a car seat. I swear we have everything but the kitchen sink.

Flying into Portland was beautiful. Seeing Mt. Hood and Mt. Saint Helens from the air was unbelievable. Last night we just hung out at Chanda’s cousin Debbie’s place in Camas, which is just across the river from Portland.

This morning, I went out for a run and listened to my ipod, as I followed the trail, I was struck by the beauty I was surrounded by. I also took 10 min to just sit quietly in the woods and observe all the miracles around me: the lush green, the delicate flowers and the perfect spider webs.

I was also aware of the pure gratitude I’m feeling. Here we are in the Pacific Northwest starting this new chapter in our lives…and there is such a joy and excitement for all that will unfold. People long for this experience and now we get to live it!

Today we are going to explore Portland and then go to Mt. Hood.

No comments: